Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Theory of Unintended Consequences

Some time ago, it came to me a thought that I called theory of unintended consequences. The theory states that --- occasionally --- one can perform actions whose consequences are something that one wanted to happen. However this something could have not been achieved so successfully had one purposefully planned for it. The question whether one could have achieved the same end if one had planned for it remains unknown, as it is also unknown if there is a way of choosing those same actions in a total willful fashion.

I was foolishly happy with my idea thinking it was original, however I discovered on the wikipedia that I was scooped for at least a century...! Well, not bad for my amateur attempts at philosophy.
Post a Comment